Friday, August 15, 2014

Lemon Blueberry Deliciousness



When planning the day we would celebrate my grandfather-in-law's birthday, I offered to make cupcakes. Lets face it, I love to make cupcakes and am always looking for an excuse to practice my piping skills. So I dug around until I found something good looking and fun to make. This is how I came across lecremedelacrumb's Lemon Blueberry cupcakes. They looked so summery, fresh, and tasty so I just had to try them out. Plus I am a sucker for all things lemon.


First thing first, I got all my ingredients prepped and ready (You can find the complete list and instructions via the link from the original recipe link)


Make sure that all of your butter, eggs, and milk products are room temperature. This is such an important step that I used to skip when I first started baking. It really does make all the difference. Plus I also let the blueberries come to room temperature because I was worried they might not let the batter bake or rise properly if they were cold. 


Tesla was the blueberry inspector today. She made sure they were sweet and up to par.
 

Here are the cupcakes after they finished their time in the oven. They are cooling off on the rack while I whipped up the frosting.



Waa-la! Don't they look great! No to mention they taste as good as they look. Tesla kept wanting to eat one, but she will have to wait for tonight. Hopefully she will get a nap at some time today. Hope you enjoyed!

11 comments:

  1. mniam uwielbiam babeczki!
    cudownie wyglądają <3

    justsayhei.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nominowałam do Liebster Blog Award! :)
    Zapraszam: http://m0dzelewska-blog.blogspot.com/2014/12/liebster-blog-award-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://monicabelle.blogspot.com/
    nowy walentynkowy pościak <3 dużo serduszek ;*

    Obserwuję bloga :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Świetny post.
    Co powiesz na wspólną obserwację?
    Zacznij na pewno się odwdzięczę.
    http://agatha-agata-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo cudowny blog <3
    wspólna obserwacja ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy, super smaczne! www.fitnessizycie.pl obserwuję

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm wyglądają przepysznie, kocham borówki :)

    zapraszam do mnie agnesssja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete